Thursday, September 6, 2007

Ugliest fabric ever

Okay, I don't really have anything specific in mind, but I'm wondering how I can search an entire store dedicated to the sale of fabric and find one thing I like. Sort of. If it was in a different color maybe. Either I'm super picky (entirely possible), or I seriously overestimate the good taste of the general sewing public. Or I overestimate my own good taste (also possible). In any event, I find I'm choosing the same fallback fabric: embroidered linen. I just purchased two more variations for my next two projects, one white-on-tan and the other multi-on-black. I guess that means I will be communing much more with my iron than I would like!

(BTW, I exclude Chelsea from the "general public." She seems to be able to whip into an actual or online store and find the perfect fabric combinations that I never would have even dreamed of. I hope to learn.)

No comments: