Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Over on the fun side of the building

I have a new job (still within Microsoft). Looking back over my e-mail, I realize it's been a long time in the making, but I officially started on 11/3. It's a big transition in many ways: moving from program management to product planning, moving from part-time to full-time, moving from wearing any old thing to the casual end of business casual attire. In other ways, it's a ridiculously small change: moving from one end of my building to the other, even staying on the same floor.

So how is it going so far?

The truth? It's good, very good. As much as anything, I think it is about habitat. The natives are friendly, the atmosphere is inquisitive and knowledge-thirsty, the challenges are big, and the topics are exciting and interesting.

And speaking of habitat, I decided I was suddenly tired of the desk-crammed-against-the-corner-with-random-computer-equipment-piled-everywhere look for my office and I needed to do some serious nesting in my new place, particularly since my new place has this kind of cool cement wall. So, I dragged Jeff down to Ikea and we hunted up some furnishings to spruce it up:


I find myself thinking about pears more than I used to.

Nothing says 'business environment' like a black shag rug.

"x" marks the duck.

Desk-shoved-in-the-corner.

1 comment:

dwigglet said...

Very nice! I especialy like the "x-marks the duck"!!!