Wednesday, February 6, 2008

In search of shirts

Thanks to my dedicated labors to clear out my house (with the help of a professional organizer, Amy from Empty Your Nest), my closet and dresser drawers are now nearly empty. Turns out that once I removed all of the stuff I never wear, doesn't fit, doesn't look good and never did, etc., what I mostly own is a bunch of skirts, some sedate sweaters, and hoards of exercise t-shirts with various Microsoft logos on them.

So, in the interests of restocking with some unique, fun, and hopefully suitable new shirts, I met with with Chelsea and another friend yesterday at JoAnn's Fabrics, determined to find some good shirt patterns to try out. I gravitated, of course, towards sedate-sweater types, but in the interests of branching out at least a little bit and trying something new, I ended up with these:

Simplicity 3956 (Second-from-the left illustration, also shown in the top-left photo)
Butterick B5084 (Either view B, shown with stripes in the middle, or A shown in the photo)

I've added them to the long line of waiting projects (sigh), but I may tackle them next. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Sam said...

Cute! Did you find fabric for them? Ready to go on Sunday?